Name: Donald Mathebula
Occupation: Senior Manager Department of ProfessionalPractice (DPP) –Technical mSCOAPreferred Trainer Qualifications
- Higher Diploma in Accountancy -Wits
- B.ComAccounting -Wits
- BA (Hons) in HRD -UJ
- N Diploma -Civil Engineering –Giyani Tech. College
- Secondary Teachers Diploma (Civil) -TUT
- Donald is a Senior Manager in KPMG's Department of Professional Practice (Technical Accounting) in Johannesburg(National Office).
- Donald is a qualified CA(SA),a competent mSCOAPreferred Trainer, an experienced IFRS and GRAP Advisor, with over eleven (11) years’ experience as an IFRS, IFRS for SMEs and GRAP Advisor, three (3) years audit experience and ten (10) years professional teaching experience. He has been in a management position since 2009 and has experience across the public sector, private sectorandfinancial services sectors.
- Donald is responsible for technical support and advisory to clients (incl. JSE listed,local & non-local companies) and audit teams. His current role involves drafting technical response to technical queries/opinions, position papers, preparations or reviews of annual financial statements and other related servicesto a variety of clients in the private and public sectors.
- Donald has seven years technical accounting training experience which includes, preparation of IFRS and GRAP training material and facilitating training.
- Donald is accredited by National Treasury (NT) and CIGFARO (formally known as IMFO) as a preferred recognized trainer for mSCOA.
- Donald is a member of the Accounting Standards Board (ASB) Working Groups and the Public Sector Technical Accounting Forum (PSAF). These forums deal with standards-setting and application issues relating to the Standards of GRAP.
- Some of Donald’s involvement in mSCOAjourney include participation in:
- National Treasury Integrated Consultative Forums (ICFs)
- mSCOA Consultative Advisory Group meetings
- CIGFARO GRAP, SCM & mSCOAWorkshops, Seminars & Annual Conferences
- mSCOA Piloting experience and post-implementationreviews in two Metros
- mSCOA Training to municipalities & municipal entities delegates (Free State & Limpopo)
- City of Tshwane Metropolitan Municipality (Director): Jonathan Patrick – 083 629 6229
- Free State mSCOAAdvisor: JannieHanse – 084 564 3370